Compare Prices Online

Compare Prices

Sunday Ads Online

Sunday Ads

Coupon Forums

Forums

Coupon Forums

RSS Help   

Register   |    Profile   |    Members   |    Photos   |    My Page   |    Private Message   |    Support Tickets   |    Logout
 Search Advanced   Today's Coupons   Black Friday  

Please register and login to remove this ad.
Login : Remember Me  
Password:
Register   Forgot your password?

Don't throw away expired coupons!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Deal Forums] >> Grocery Coupons >> Don't throw away expired coupons! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't throw away expired coupons! - 7/10/2006 6:38:34 AM   
shop4

They can still be used by military families overseas.
For details: grocery savings tip

Please join the DealCatcher Community or login to remove this ad.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 7/10/2006 8:55:30 PM   
NJTThomas

I am getting ready to send some overseas to the Misawa air base in Japan http://www.commissaries.com/stores/html/store.cfm?dodaac=hqcwhf&page=photos
If anyone is interested I would be happy to ship them over for you.
Thanks!
Natalie

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 9/12/2006 12:20:10 AM   
BlondeMoment

http://www.ocpnet.org/bases.shtml

quote:

The cheapest way to send your coupons is via "Parcel Post". Since this method takes much longer to travel to its destination, please make sure that you send coupons that are no more than two months expired on the date of shipping if you use Parcel Post.

quote:

Welcome to the OCP. Our program serves military families by assisting you to forward "manufacturer's coupons" to overseas military bases. These bundles of coupons are placed on tables, at the PX and Commissary, or handed out for use by military members and families on base. This helps the family save valuable dollars and stretch their budget. Your totals are listed at our site.

This is not a tax deductible charity. This is a patriotic charity. You are supporting the service person and their family by sending coupons that you do not use, and all of the extra ones that you can find, to them. The service pay rates are no longer below the poverty level, but they are in no way great. They appreciate your assistance.

They also ask that you seperate your coupons into food and non-food bundles (It is not required though)

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 10/29/2006 3:17:14 PM   
NJTThomas

I am getting ready to send a batch of expireds to the Misawa air base. The administrator there, Jack Younger, has been very good about letting me know that they arrive (It's nice to know they got there and didn't end up in a black hole somewhere.) I send the coupons in a flat rate priority box, and I was hoping to get it over there for the pre Thanksgiving holiday shopping (last time I sent 8 pounds of coupons).
So, if anyone would like to contribute please pm me and get my address, or if you have my address and you will be sending some if you could pm me so I know to hold the box until yours arrive that would be grand!
Thanks!
Natalie

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 1/15/2007 11:22:52 PM   
lawrnk

Is there a way to do this regionally? I think if we did it that way if would be very cost effective. I have 5 million neighbors in the houston metroplex for example. People could donate as a group and pitch in some for postage? Anyone know of something like this?

< Message edited by lawrnk -- 1/15/2007 11:30:42 PM >

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 1/15/2007 11:30:10 PM   
lawrnk

One other thing I thought of..can they buy most of the brands we can in these countries like Japan, Turkey, Etc..? Hell, I once spent 3 hours trying to find ANY brand of deoderant once in the arab states in 2001.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 1/16/2007 12:16:29 AM   
BlondeMoment

I assume they can in commissaries but not sure.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 2/26/2007 8:33:47 PM   
DFWeclecticOne

Wow, I didn't know this. What a great idea!!!
Thanks!

"18,000 children die every day from hunger and malnutrition."

Constance

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 3/28/2007 8:31:44 PM   
stcok

quote:

ORIGINAL: DFWeclecticOne

Wow, I didn't know this. What a great idea!!!
Thanks!

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 5/14/2007 1:32:48 PM   
ShopperHolic

I am new to deal catchers...and am excited to learn all about the forum and figure it out =). So excited when I saw this discussion...that is the greatest idea...still waiting for someone above me to get their answer on whether the coupons work for regional military families (can they use them after expiration date on base?) ...What a great way to support our troops both overseas and at home

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 6/7/2007 4:23:37 PM   
drdori

Is anyone getting ready to send some expireds overseas? I just did some house cleaning and have quite a few I would be willing to send to you. Please PM or email me. Thanks!

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 6/9/2007 9:48:08 PM   
mommy4x4

I just wanted to say thanks to all you ladies who send us coupons! My hubby is in the USAF, and we currently are stationed overseas at Kadena AB in Okinawa (Japan).

I must say though, I have no idea where those coupons end up once they're sent here. I've never seen any thing about them and believe me - I've searched everywhere!!

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 7/23/2007 11:00:11 AM   
jabookreader

I would love to help accumulate those and send them to a us address with one stamp; however, I can't afford to send packages international. If anyone wants me to mail (expired) to them - please contact me and I'll be glad to add my expired coupons to your stack at no cost you.

jabookreader@aol.com

Joyce L Anderson

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 7/23/2007 10:27:56 PM   
drdori

I am currently collecting coupons for mommy4x4 if anyone else would like to add yours in please PM or email me. The package of expireds I sent in June '07 is helping a lot of families out.

Thanks,

Dori

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 9/27/2007 6:10:20 PM   
mommy4x4

I just wanted to say thank you all for your coupon donations. I've recieved a few huge packets and boxes from random people here and I really appreciate it. I'm sorry it took so long to post a thank you, I had a baby not too long ago and have been very busy with her and my family.

But thank you all again, it's truly appreciated and much needed for us military families!

<3

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 10/3/2007 5:07:54 PM   
living4fridays

Well, I'm brand spanking new here too, so I know nothing. If anyone is still collecting these, let me know and I can start sending them out at the end of the month of something. Ashamed to say I threw away a ton on Monday - didn't realize military could use 'em.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 10/16/2007 1:08:29 PM   
ladybugbkt

What a great program. I will definitely get started on this immediately. Thanks!

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 11/8/2007 6:08:46 AM   
leugerst

We are stationed in Germany and would love to receive coupons. The Euro is so strong against the Dollar everyone needs to buy as much on post. We would appreciate any coupons.

THomas Leugers
USAG-HD
CMR 419 BOx 1467
APO AE 09102

THank you so much.
If you put your email address in with the coupons we will send you an email when we receive them.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 12/20/2007 5:04:45 PM   
Hellinois

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 2/20/2008 10:39:44 AM   
smitaforum

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I really liked this idea. atleast it'll help them.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 6/30/2008 6:02:13 PM   
jones10021

Thats interesting. I never knew that! Ill see what I have.

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 7/7/2008 1:47:02 PM   
LipstickArt

so hold on how does this work lets say if we do send expired coupons overseas where do they use them? im sure there are no Ralph's or Walmart's or Safeway's over seas...im confused...

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 9/14/2008 11:49:58 AM   
trek2039

If there is anyone here who is collecting expired coupons to send overseas, please pm me with your info. and I'd be glad to send you mine.

Thanks,
~trek2039~

Because the night is dark.......and full of terrors.....

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 9/22/2008 12:12:01 AM   
mommy4x4

quote:

ORIGINAL: LipstickArt

so hold on how does this work lets say if we do send expired coupons overseas where do they use them? im sure there are no Ralph's or Walmart's or Safeway's over seas...im confused...

LipStick- We cannot use specific store coupons here at the exchange or commissary, like Target or Walmart coupons, since none of those are here. Only specific product coupons, nothing that mentions specific stores.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

RE: Don't throw away expired coupons! - 2/9/2009 6:27:33 AM   
dakota.92

That is so awesome, I never have ehard of something like this before

Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Deal Forums] >> Grocery Coupons >> Don't throw away expired coupons! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Disclaimer: By providing links to other web sites, DealCatcher does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites.

Home      |       About Us      |       Help      |       Contact Us      |       Advertise      |       Press       |       Local Deals

Copyright 1999-2011 Ecatcher, Inc - DealCatcher.com All Rights Reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.2