Compare Prices Online

Compare Prices

Sunday Ads Online

Sunday Ads

Coupon Forums

Forums

Coupon Forums

RSS Help   

Register   |    Profile   |    Members   |    Photos   |    My Page   |    Private Message   |    Support Tickets   |    Logout
 Search Advanced   Today's Coupons   Black Friday  

Please register and login to remove this ad.
Login : Remember Me  
Password:
Register   Forgot your password?

What is a coupon train? An explanation.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Deal Forums] >> Grocery Coupons >> Coupon Trading >> What is a coupon train? An explanation. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is a coupon train? An explanation. - 12/2/2005 11:24:01 AM   
KrystalPistol

I was explaining how coupon trains work to a new member and thought it might be helpful to post that information here on the forum. Here's a paste of that message:

Coupon trains are a great way to trade all those coupons you can't use for coupons that you need. The person who starts the train gathers up $100 or more worth of coupons that she isn't going to use, and posts on the forum that she is starting a new train, and needs riders. The members who want to join send her a PM with their name, address, and any "wish list" they might have.
The leader types up a sheet with all that info, and mails it to the first person on the list. That person takes out whatever coupons she wants, plus any that have expired or are about to, and replaces them with new ones of equal value. Then she mails it to the next person on list. It continues on until it circles back to the leader, and starts over again.
I have a couple going now that I've had running for months. Some trains are better than others. A good train has members that follow some simple rules:
1. Don't put in a bunch of coupons nearing their expiration date.
2. Don't load the train with duplicates.
3. Pay attention to other people wish lists and try to put in coupons that they can use.
4. Be quick about getting the train in the mail to the next person.

Anyone else want to add any advice?

< Message edited by KrystalPistol -- 12/2/2005 11:25:25 AM >

She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Please join the DealCatcher Community or login to remove this ad.

RE: What is a coupon train? An explanation. - 2/4/2007 8:48:11 PM   
missgooseman

I would like to add a suggestion to the explanation thread.

The leader of the train picks a name for that particular train (anything that you want it to be). Then you put it on the outside of the envelope (envie) and post it on the trains thread. At each stop the name is written on the new envie going out. By doing this, people who are on more than one train know which envie belongs to which train. This way there are no confusions or trains getting mixed up.

Also add a mailing list in with each envie. That way people know where the train is suppose to be going next.

RE: What is a coupon train? An explanation. - 7/4/2011 3:43:12 PM   
dealsbells

Coupon trains is simply a way of exchanging mail with coupons. While this is not a new concept and is earlier than the Internet, the Internet has opened opportunities for better linking savers. Just type what you think it would be a narrow area to share coupons with in person, or getting e-mail.

RE: What is a coupon train? An explanation. - 7/18/2011 6:10:09 AM   
May23

Coupon trains are simply a way of exchanging coupons by postal mail. While this is not a new concept and predates the Internet, the Internet has opened up opportunities to better connect savers. This means those “Great Coupons” that aren’t available in your local paper, supermarket, or even mail just may be in someone else’s. That pile of “free” products or coupons you were going to discard may be exactly what someone else is looking for. Add in a few more people, and you may just have a savings Dream Team!

RE: What is a coupon train? An explanation. - 5/21/2012 2:19:07 PM   
kristendalton07

Hi, How can I fetch the coupon of other people are giving in their shopping cart? It is not possible to know which coupon code he/she is using. Please explain it.

Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Deal Forums] >> Grocery Coupons >> Coupon Trading >> What is a coupon train? An explanation. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Disclaimer: By providing links to other web sites, DealCatcher does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites.

Home      |       About Us      |       Help      |       Contact Us      |       Advertise      |       Press       |       Local Deals

Copyright 1999-2011 Ecatcher, Inc - DealCatcher.com All Rights Reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.2