Compare Prices Online

Compare Prices

Sunday Ads Online

Sunday Ads

Coupon Forums

Forums

Coupon Forums

RSS Help   

Register   |    Profile   |    Members   |    Photos   |    My Page   |    Private Message   |    Support Tickets   |    Logout
 Search Advanced   Today's Coupons   Black Friday  

Please register and login to remove this ad.
Login : Remember Me  
Password:
Register   Forgot your password?

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's Highest Rate* at Emigrant Direct

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Deal Forums] >> DealCatcher Deals >> RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's Highest Rate* at Emigrant Direct Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 11/28/2005 1:46:12 PM   

Are you guys going to start slapping each-other soon?

Please join the DealCatcher Community or login to remove this ad.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 11/28/2005 2:12:08 PM   

Works great IMHO. The setup and security steps take some time but other than that its awesome.

4% is an incredible rate for a simple bank account to get and in today's economy having money sit there and get a nice reliabe return month after month is a welcome thing.

I highly recommend it!

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 11/28/2005 8:08:01 PM   

I signed up online for the account over two months ago. Within 5 days they deposited the money into my account for the two confirmation transfers. After that it said I was to receive a letter in the mail to finalize the account. I called twice trying to find out when I would receive the letter and both times I was hung up on after waiting on hold for 5 minutes while they "check" things out. Finally received a letter in the mail today saying Account Closed. Thanks Emigrant Direct your the best!!!!!

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 11/29/2005 9:08:16 AM   

their account setup is the most cumbersome experience in the world. in this day and age, it should not take 2 weeks to complete an account. other than the high rate they offer, there isnt much else to look forward to.

their application process currently includes:
signing up on the website
entering all your banking info
waiting up to 4 days for them to complete 2 test debits\credits
replying back to their email
them completing your actual initial deposit
then you waiting for your new member letter via snail mail

when i called them up to complain, the guy was very pleasant, but had no answers other than, 'yes sir, we are aware of our process, and are working at improving it'

if they dont improve it soon, they will be losing a lot of potential business.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 11/29/2005 8:50:05 PM   
lailasultan

URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart goes to the people who have been ripped off by Bank Of America and their Employees

I can not explain in right words what Bank of America has done to me
They have ruined my life; this Bank is full of CIRMINALS. Employees are looting, and those! BIG SHOTS are just watching and doing nothing.
We the people who put our trust in them to protect our valuables.
“WHAT A SHAME” Please raise your voice and join me. I will be holding Press Conference within two weeks. Send me your Email for the date and time.

Please go to my website for details regarding Bank of America!!!!!!!!!

www.bankofamericaextortioninsidejob.com
lailasltn@yahoo.com

Thank You

BANK OF AMERICA "CROOKS&CIRMINALKS" Where is ... - 11/29/2005 8:51:32 PM   
lailasultan

My heart goes to the people who have been ripped off by Bank Of America and their Employees

They have ruined my life; this Bank is full of CIRMINALS. Employees are looting, and those! BIG SHOTS are just watching and doing nothing.
“WHAT A SHAME” Please raise your voice and join me. I will be holding Press Conference within two weeks. Send me your Email for the date and time.

lailasltn@yahoo.com

Thank You

BANK OF AMERICA "CROOKS&CIRMINALKS" Where is ... - 11/29/2005 8:52:01 PM   
lailasultan

lailasltn@yahoo.com

Thank You

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 12/5/2005 1:52:11 PM   

Uh.. .chill out guys, especially you bankofamerica boy :P

Same here with the sloooooow letter with my account information. Everything seems to work though and I did get my ten bucks for opening from the guy mentioned earlier in the thread http://www.mymoneyblog.com. There is also another bonus for another bank that ahs 4.0%

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 12/20/2005 3:44:00 PM   

hsbcdirect.com is now offering 4.25%...

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 12/20/2005 6:53:12 PM   

lailasltn@yahoo.com

Thank You

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 12/21/2005 9:49:31 AM   

I never had a problem with Emigrant.... took me about a week to set it up, which was a pain, but the transfers are faster than ING.

I heard HSBC was best, though.

Wow, go HSBC!!! - 12/23/2005 1:29:18 AM   
gorbysbm

I am actually a pretty happy customer with EmigrantDirect. Their UI is kinda dull but does the job. When I contacted the CS by email, I got a pretty quick and helpful response. My only gripe was that they aren't registered with yodlee's oncenter so I can't check my account balance while checking all my other account balances.
I'm going to switch to HSBC though, since they offer 4.25% and a bonus of $25 if you use promocode "start"

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 12/26/2005 11:42:29 AM   

I've been reading opinions about Emigrant Direct and there are apparently a lot of pissed off people out there. My experience has been OK. Yeah, setting up the account was a hassle. But I had no problem reaching customer support people who who friendly and helpful. And it's been smooth sailing since.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 1/15/2006 1:45:53 PM   

Well, dumbasses. Go to HSBC and get 4.25% and the best service out there! It is a megga huge brick and morter co. now offering an awsome internet savings account. www.us.hsbc.com

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 1/16/2006 8:51:37 PM   

I just don't understand how the APY calculated.

I have a 1 year $100,000 CD for 3.25% APY compound monthly. At the matual day (or end of the year) how come I only got $2894.04 interest??

From my experience is it I should have get at least $3250 ?? Can some one help me please?

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 1/20/2006 4:37:33 PM   

I second the motion.
I started with ING, went to Emigrant, and now at HSBC which has the highest regular rate and customer service answers the phone quickly.

ING ok.
I had problem with Emigrant that was straightened out ,but I waited a 1/2 hour for help and then hung up the phone.
I recommend HSBC.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 1/26/2006 7:26:46 PM   

I started with ING a year ago or so and shortly after that, opened up an ED. ING enrollment process was faster; I remember waiting and waiting from confirmation from ED for opening the account.

Since then, I've had no trouble moving money in and out of both accts (originally moved money into ING, then moved out so that I could move it into ED. Took some ED money out last year to pay taxes). I have not had to deal with customer service, so have no comments on it.

The one thing I don't like about ING is their tax reporting. The account we opened was with my wife and myself. We each got our own logins. She was listed as primary. We got an email from ING saying our 1099s were available online, but it ends up that only her account can access it. Seems stupid to me as this is a joint account; why can't we both access it? In all fairness, I don't know what the policy on 1099s is at ED as I'm primary there and have been able to view online; my wife doesn't have a separate login to ED.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 2/8/2006 11:39:36 AM   

I have a question for anyone who might answer it. I currently bank with Bank of America. I want to open an ING or ED savings account. However, B of A says I can only make 2 deposits a month into my checking account. Does anybody know if the transfer of funds from these internet banks constitutes a deposit under B of A standards. I received two seperate answers from B of A employees, so I am unsure. If anybody has B of A and one of these internet bank savings accounts, I would appreciate any information.

thanks

j

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 2/10/2006 4:56:08 PM   

What about 4.80% at HSBC Direct

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 3/1/2006 11:01:56 PM   

4.8% at HSBC is great if you can take the BS of signing up. It takes DAYS to WEEKS because they have it so screwed up. The will tell you it is their superior security but it is NOT.
I have ING and GMAC (4.5% APR not apy) and they are very good and easy to sign up and manage onling. I am happy with both.

HSBC is garbage. I have an account but never have done anything with it.

If anyone knows where there are other good deal like ING or GMAC I would like to know what they are because I have all my accounts FDIC max'd out.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 4/5/2006 12:42:12 PM   

I have had Emigrant Direct for well over a year. I have had no problems with there customer service. They are excellent. Also there security measures are great . They have very timely responses to my emails. If you are not computer savy do not use this bank. I mean is passwords and doing computer stuff isn't your forte. I haven't had a problem with anything. Also someone said is Emigrant a real bank or Fly by night. Emigrant Savings banks are a local bank here in NY. I see there advertising all the time by the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. Get it you can't be 4.5% interest.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 4/8/2006 4:56:55 PM   

I just saw the 4.8% at hsbcdirect.com. But it says that the 4.8% is only good till April 30, 2006-the end of this month. After that, it will reverts back to a regular variable rate Savings Account. Does anyone know around what range those variable rates are? My back got me to open up a Premium Money Market accout at 4%, but after the 30 days promotion, it went all the way down to 2%. I don't want to be fool/scammed again. Any comments from HSBC account holders would be appreciated.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 4/9/2006 1:00:30 AM   

HSBC's online savings account offers 4.80%.

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 4/10/2006 10:50:07 AM   

HSBC 4.80

RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's... - 4/18/2006 1:37:27 AM   

I have heard when HSBC's intro rate expires, the rate tends to go down to a level that is at or near the rate offered by ING Direct and Emigrant Direct.

A chart comparing historical rates for these onloine savings accounts can be found here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/ktexas/compare_jan06c-1.gif

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Deal Forums] >> DealCatcher Deals >> RE: 3.50% APY FDIC Insured Savings Account - *America's Highest Rate* at Emigrant Direct Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Fast Reply 
Logged in as:  Guest Register (Not required for deal discussion)

Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Disclaimer: By providing links to other web sites, DealCatcher does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites.

Home      |       About Us      |       Help      |       Contact Us      |       Advertise      |       Press       |       Local Deals

Copyright 1999-2011 Ecatcher, Inc - DealCatcher.com All Rights Reserved.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.2